This fruit commonly called Haritaki | Harad in Hindi, Kadukkai in Tamil, Karakkaya in Telugu, Harde Whole | Ink Nut in English, Katukkai in Malayalam, Alalekaayi in Kannada, Harade in Gujarati, Hirada in Marathi, Horitaki in Bengali and Har in Punjabi is truly a medical wonder and has many health benefits and medicinal uses. It's botanical name is Terminalia Chebula.
Kadukkai Podi is the best multipurpose herb in Ayurveda
- Cleanses the digestive tract, eliminates bacteria, parasites and worms
- Recommended for health and longevity
- Increases brain function
This powder is used in many different ways:
- In a drink as a tonic
- Applied to cuts as an antiseptic and antibiotic
- Boiled and then sieved to serve as an eye wash
- Taken orally to help with:
- Mouth Sores- apply daily after meals to the affected area and hold in that area for several minutes
- Internal digestive issues- take 1/2 to one teaspoon in the evening at bed time and after food. Many users notice that their digestion and elimination improves immediately. It is highly likely that the morning bowel movement will be very helpful for elimination.
- Applied to animals
- Many users of Kadukkai Podi report that the effect on pets is very powerful. Some results reported include increasing longevity of animals who were ill.
- Applied on cuts and infection Kadukkai Podi clears up the infection rapidly
- To use in this way it is recommended that the Kadukkai Podi is made into a paste and then applied to the wound.